Wednesday 3 April 2013

Spring Surprises

I am a huge fan of lists! I never used to be, but when you marry someone who makes lists for everything you have to learn to love them.

At the beginning of each week I write out the big things I want to accomplish, then at the beginning of each day I make a list of the specifics. Luke is similar. We write lists for grocery shopping as well as meals for the week. Packing lists, reading lists, you name it - we list it!

This week's list included a lot of "spring" cleaning. I use that word loosely since it's still only 30-something degrees here in the great state of Michigan. But I digress. Spring is almost on its way and we are all in need of some refreshing. 

Enter Luke Kleczynski. Man, I love him!! He knows that I've been dragging for a few weeks now - there's been a restlessness about me that has made my days rather long and difficult. But he's sure that a list will fix that. I came downstairs to find this at my place at the table a few mornings ago....





I thank God for such a logical and practical man to do life with. He truly is perfect for me. And this will be my To Do List for today and for every day. 

So now that I've been spending time cleaning up indoors, our backyard is a whole other issue. I'm positive that the previous owners had "let is go" for a number of years because it looks a little something like this. Except less cool and with more squirrels. Luke spent a number of hours this past weekend pulling up roots, sawing down branches, and doing a general de-clutter of our little jungle. We know it will likely take us all summer to make it presentable, which would be an overwhelming and dizzying task, but for the new life we have found. Take a look....









Yes. Beneath the shade of a giant hardwood maple tree and in a particularly inconvenient spot, Luke found these little lives sprouting up. What a beautiful Resurrection Sunday surprise - Beauty from dust. A reflection of my own life to be sure - for as Jesus rose from the dead, so did I. [And I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.] Thank you Lord for new life and for new experiences and for a renewed spirit. And like this delicate crocus, I promise to bloom where I am planted.

"Bloom where I am planted" - that's secret code for this - I WAS OFFERED A JOB!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment