Tuesday 15 April 2014

Oh The Blood!

Easter is upon us! I love this time of year! I love the new life that Spring promises. There is so much symbolism to be found in Spring, and I'm so glad that it's finally here. Well, almost….

This weekend was beautiful for both body and spirit. 

This weekend was Palm Sunday, and I lifted my own palms in praise to Him whose palms were pierced. HIS body was broken so that MY body could be whole again. 

And what is there for me to do but be thankful? Oh how I raise my palms even higher! Hosanna!! Hosanna!! [literally: a joyful exclamation of adoration and praise] My heart cries Hosanna.

And I kneel at the cross and I nail to the cross all that is holding me back from my Hosanna. I feel renewed. I feel refreshed. I am ready.

But it's only Tuesday and I'm already ungrateful. And what was it that took me down?

Snow. 

Snow in April. A little inch of pure white covering the ground this morning and my shouts of Hosanna have become sighs of frustration. Oh heart - why must you be so fickle?

I myself have to admit that the brown dirt and the patchy grass and all the leaves and sticks that make up our yard leave something to be desired. Surely it would take a keen eye to find any beauty here. 

But isn't my heart just the same? With it's dirty past and broken patchy pieces and all the sin and the stains? Surely it would take a keen eye to find any beauty there. Well… more than a keen eye. 

A Master's eye.
A Creator's eye.
A Lover's eye.

And He saw something there - amidst the broken - something worth more. More than the whipping. More than the spitting. More than the piercing. More than the bleeding.

And He tenderly wrapped my dirt in something pure and white and clean so that I could stand before the Father unashamed with my lifted palms. He washes me. And He covers me. 

I guess the snow isn't so bad, is it?


Today, I will choose Hosanna!






No comments:

Post a Comment